In light of macOS Server removing the Account Lockout Policy Enforcement feature from the GUI, one can still apply this enforcement by way of terminal command on the Open Directory Server itself. For Example:
Set LDAP Account Policy Enforcement:
pwpolicy -a <<diradmin>> -p <<password>> -u <<username to unlock> -setpolicy "maxFailedLoginAttempts=1"
** This sets 5 password failed attempts along with 60days password reset
sudo pwpolicy -a diradmin -u edtester -setpolicy "maxMinutesUntilChangePassword=86400 maxFailedLoginAttempts=5"
pwpolicy -a <<diradmin>> -p <<password>> -u <<username to unlock> -setpolicy "isDisabled=0"
Link to technical article: https://superuser.com/questions/577273/osx-server-ldap-pwpolicy-how-to-disable-a-account
Splunk forum member: lguinn2 shows us to:
Put the following in the configuration file web.conf (perhaps in etc/system/local or etc/apps/search/local)
Your message here
Found information here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/320607/is-there-way-to-add-a-warning-message-in-splunk-we.html
Run AdobeExpiryCheck tool
Run AdobeExpiryCheck on a local Windows machine
Launch command prompt and run the AdobeExpiryCheck tool.
The tool displays the product licensing identifier, the encrypted serial number, and the expiration date.
Link to Adobe Creative Cloud Software: Adobe Creative Cloud 12-month Plan Subscription
Timothy Sutton timsutton – Bromont, Québec – Tim has written a script that packages adobe serialization tools
This is a command-line tool that makes it easier to deploy Adobe Creative Cloud device license files (output by the Creative Cloud Packager application) on OS X, by building them into a standard OS X package installer.
Timothy Sutton timsutton – Bromont, Québec
Rich Mahlerwein writes on a Splunk comment:
Carefully craft a search that returns those rows and ONLY those rows. There’s isn’t enough information here to know precisely what it is that search will look like.
You could start by doing something like a
* | stats count by sourcetype to find out what sourcetype the ones you want to get rid of are, since I think this is your determining factor (remove all of that older sourcetype).
Once you’ve determined the sourcetype (or anything unique) of the data you want to remove, craft yourself a search that displays just those events. Perhaps
Make double sure this works right. It should include ALL the rows you want to have removed, but include NO rows that you want to keep. This is the search we’ll use to actually do the delete with.
Then follow the steps in the documentation on removing data from indexes using YOUR search to prevent those results from showing up again. To recap “how to delete data” from the docs, it’s basically
1) Add “delete” capabilities to a role (preferably use a special user)
2) Log in as that role
3) Use that search we made above, double-check that it returns the right data and only that data.
4) Then run
that search | delete
5) Watch the output, it’ll tell you how many events got deleted.
Then log OUT as that special user (and I’d suggest disabling it, but you can do what you want), log back in as your usual user and check that you only have the right data in there now.
This is all thanks to:
sudo pwpolicy -u <user> -getaccountpolicies
clear the pwpolicy with this command (edit the user):
sudo pwpolicy -u <user> -clearaccountpolicies
- Dreamweaver: August 2019 release (188.8.131.5279 )
- Photoshop: release 19.1.9
- Illustrator: release 22.1.0
- Lightroom Classic
- Adobe Prelude CC 2018: release: 7.1.1
Path and JSON files
- Adobe Prelude CC 2018: current Version 7.1.1
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018: current Version 12.1.2
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2018: current Version 19.1.9
- Adobe Lightroom Classic CC: current Version 1186149
- Adobe Bridge CC 2018: current Version 184.108.40.2063
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018: current Version 22.1.0
- InDesign: current Version 220.127.116.11
- Adobe Animate CC 2018: current Version: 18.0.2
- Adobe Character Animator CC 2018: current Version: 1.5
- Adobe Audition CC: current Version: 11.1.0
- Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018: current Version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe InCopy CC 2018: current Version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe After Effects CC 2018: current Version 15.1.2
- ExtendScript Toolkit: current Version ESTK CC 126.96.36.199
- Fuse: current Version 2017.1.0
- Adobe Extension Manager CC: current Version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.7: current Version 4.7
- Adobe Scout CC: current Version 1.1.3
- Adobe Fireworks CS6: current Version 184.108.40.2064
- Adobe Extension Manager CS6: current Version 220.127.116.11
- Acrobat Distiller: current Version.19.021.20058
- Adobe Acrobat Pro: current Version 19.021.20058
Paths to files
Adobe Application Paths Adobe CC 2018
/Applications/Adobe\ Prelude\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Prelude\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Lightroom\ Classic\ CC/Adobe\ Lightroom\ Classic\ CC.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Bridge\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Bridge\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Illustrator\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Illustrator.app
/Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe Animate CC 2018/Adobe Animate CC 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Character\ Animator\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Character\ Animator\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Audition\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Audition\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ InCopy\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ InCopy\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2018.app
/Applications/Adobe\ ExtendScript\ Toolkit\ CC/ExtendScript\ Toolkit.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Fuse\ CC\ \(Beta\)/Fuse.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Extension\ Manager\ CC/Adobe\ Extension\ Manager\ CC.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.7/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.7.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Scout\ CC.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Fireworks\ CS6/Adobe\ Fireworks\ CS6.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Extension\ Manager\ CS6/Adobe\ Extension\ Manager\ CS6.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ DC/Acrobat\ Distiller.app
/Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ DC/Adobe\ Acrobat.app
Note To Self: DON NOT USE APPLE DISK UTILITY, for anything other than formatting disks. Remember that time you spent ALL weekend attempting to restore and image when Apple restore image failed at the VERY LAST minute after 7 hours. Error apfs inverter failed to invert the volume
I found using Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) 5.x works best in my testing, really frustrates me that Apple does not build a tool for this. Carbon Copy Cloner backup software can be found here https://bombich.com/
In my CCC backup workflows:
Grant CCC Full Disk Access under carbon copy cloner top menu
1) Select Source ( the mounted image that is not booted into ) in other words I have booted into another drive to get a good clean back up image.
2) Select Destination, ( remember to Choose New Disk Image, then select Read-only disk image from the pull down menu )
Movo MTP-10 Motorized Panoramic Time Lapse Tripod Head